There is an open position in the Family Services Department with some, but not limited to the following job duties:
- Establish resource and referral record in the CCR&R database from parent/family inquiries; provide information about SR and VPK programs and options available when selecting a child care/early learning provider.
- Act as liaison for clients seeking child care/early learning assistance for children 0-5 who may need a special or non-traditional setting.
- Schedule and notify clients of appointments for initial, re-certification or re-determination of SR eligibility; coordinate appointment schedules with staff at the primary intake level.
- Schedule and notify clients of appointments for VPK eligibility; coordinate appointment schedules with staff at the primary intake level.
- Conduct interviews with clients who seek SR services based on referrals from the Department of Children and Families (DCF), Partnership for Strong Families (PFSF) or Workforce Board who may not require an advanced appointment as well as parents/families complying with continued eligibility requirements (re-determination).
- Determine family income eligibility and parent fees based on Federal, State and Early Learning Coalition of Florida’s Gateway’s (ELCFG) SR guidelines/policies.
- Use Parent Portal to verify wait list, VPK and process eligibility intake.
- Interpret and effectively communicate ELCFG policy both verbally and in writing.
- Use Enhanced Field System (EFS) to properly update and maintain SR and VPK data records for each child and his/her family.
- Create, update and maintain required information for each child served by the program by using history notes and intake files.
- Maintain accurate and complete files.
- Assist in the completion of Family Needs Assessment and make appropriate referrals to community service agencies.
- Answer the main phone in the absence of the Program Support Specialist.
- Stay informed of all current local, state, and federal rules & regulations relating to child care/early learning.
- Adhere to the ELCFG’s standards of attendance and punctuality by being consistently present at the workstation and using time wisely.
- Ensure that all information of a confidential nature is held securely.
- Use EFS to record attendance as reported by providers on a monthly basis.
- Apply ELCFG payment policies when recording attendance for payment.
- Provide technical assistance to SR and VPK providers as requested.
- Provide assistance and direction to SR and VPK providers in the implementation of ELCFG quality initiatives
- Assist with community outreach and awareness activities/events.
- Bilingual if applicable.
Requires travel; as requested that pertains to the job type.
Education, Experience, Certifications, Licenses and Registrations:
- Bachelor or Associate Degree with 2 years case work/social work experience or a high school diploma with 6 years experience in social services related work preferred;
- Or, Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Education or a CDA and 3 years of experience;
- Or, professional experience of six years or a combination of education and experience may be substituted;
- Or, least two years of Customer Service and Office work experience required.
- Level 2 background screening required.
Please send letter of interest and resume` to Early Learning Coalition of Florida’s Gateway, Inc. Attn: Human Resources at 1104 SW Main Blvd. Lake City, FL 32025. Fax to (386) 752-8094 or email email@example.com
Early Learning Coalition of Florida's Gateway promotes the concept that our employees are our most valuable resource and will be treated as such. ELC-FG enable employees to contribute at optimum levels toward the support of the Coalition.
We Strive to:
Early Learning Coalition of Florida's Gateway Employment Opportunities
Early Learning Coalition of Florida's Gateway offers a host of benefits available to the employee after a 90 day probation to include but not limited to the following: