Early Learning Position: Finance Cooridinator
- Perform Finance tasks (e.g., cost pool allocations, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cross-trained for payroll) as assigned and according to specified time frames under the direction of the ELCFG Finance Director
- Provide fiscal guidance, assistance and support to the ELCFG, implementing budgets for Coalition operations and for SR and VPK programs for our service area, including meeting state and federal requirements and conforming to generally accepted accounting practices
- Assist in the timely preparation of annual fixed asset inventory and monitor recordkeeping for acquisitions and disposals
- Assist in the preparation of monthly reimbursement requests (e.g. services, travel, scholarships, grants
- Assist with the completion of attendance processing and provider payments to SR & VPK service providers in a timely manner in accordance with approved reimbursement schedule
- Assist in monitoring fiscal aspects of contracts with FOEL and with SR and VPK service providers on behalf of and under the direction of the ELCFG Finance Director.
- Provide technical assistance to early learning providers regarding reimbursement issues, including but not limited to orientations.
- Generate state and federal required reports from the state-wide data system.
- Assist Coalition staff in maintaining up to date system information relating to CCR&R, SR and VPK provider/or client information.
- Perform random monthly reviews on processed SR and VPK attendance sheets and reimbursement files, and submit a report of findings, if any, to ELCFG Administration.
- Produce ad hoc reports (e.g., slot utilization) as needed by the ELCFG Administration.
- Support other ELCFG departments in various functions, e.g. training and provide coverage for personnel.
- Compile and process SR/VPK reconciliation/year-end close-out reports.
- Facilitate monitoring and fraud reviews by working with external monitors; and designated coalition staff.
- Conduct reporting and data analysis as requested.
- Monitor and respond as necessary to agency reports (Data Edit/Accuracy Reports), in conjunction with Finance Director
- Attend and participate in professional conferences, trainings, statewide and regional meetings, and other related events.
- Submit corrective action responses to FLOEL, as assigned.
- Coordinate, disperse and follow-up on SharePoint reports as needed.
- Local cash match waiver documentation.
- Coordinate documentation for quarterly fiscal desk reviews with FOEL.
- Maintain vendor contracts and documentation to ensure legislative compliance.
- Review and update the Finance Department’s policies and procedures, as directed.
- Assist with community awareness/ events sponsored by ELCFG.
- Complete special assignments as required by Finance Director/Executive Director/CEO.
- Protect organization’s integrity by keeping information confidential.
- Represent the agency by interacting courteously and tactfully with managers, coworkers, customers, funders, and the community.
- Reports to work at the scheduled time; performs duties as outlined; functions as a team member; and handles other duties as assigned to meet organizational goals.
- Maintain departmental responsibilities under the direction of and/or in the absence of the Finance Director
- Maintain confidentiality with highly sensitive information; and maintain integrity at all times.
- Attend work related staff meetings and workshops as directed
- Participate in ELCFG collaborative efforts as needed
- Other duties or responsibilities as requested within scope of the job type
- Minimal travel required; including overnight travel
In absence of the Finance Director, supervise Finance department.
Education, Experience, Certifications, Licenses and Registrations:
- Associate’s degree in Business, Accounting, or related field from accredited college/university;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other fiscal software;
- Minimum of two years of business or related experience, preferably in governmental or non-profit;
- Minimum of 3 years in an office setting to include answering phones, operating a fax, copy and mailing machine;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in attendance or reimbursement tracking using an accounting system or database, or at least three (3) or more years of high volume data entry experience preferred;
- Familiarity with Government in the Sunshine Law preferred;
- Knowledge and familiarity with the School Readiness (SR) and Voluntary Prekindergarten (VPK) legislation, rules and requirements, and effects on local communities preferred;
- Must clear Level 2 background-screening requirements.
* Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or related field from accredited college/university
* Five (5) years’ experience in accounting business management; or closely related field, and supervision
* Prior experience in an organization/company subject to State/Federal/Grant monitoring; direct experience
with government contracts, invoicing, and procurement
* Advanced Microsoft Office skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of accounting functions.
- Ability to work and communicate with people from various multi-cultural backgrounds and soci-economic levels.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to read, understand and apply appropriate rules and regulations.
- Ability Must have excellent professional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team -oriented environment.
- Ability to effectively deliver speeches and present information to management, board members and public groups.
- Must have a professional and pleasant attitude and demeanor.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must meet time-sensitive deadlines.
- Must be detail oriented and resourceful self-starter.
- Must possess strong accounting/mathematical ability and strong analytical skills.
- Must possess suitable experience with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook.
Please send letter of interest and resume` to Early Learning Coalition of Florida’s Gateway, Inc. Attn: Human Resources at 1104 SW Main Blvd. Lake City, FL 32025. Fax to (386) 752-8094 or email email@example.com
Early Learning Coalition of Florida's Gateway promotes the concept that our employees are our most valuable resource and will be treated as such. ELC-FG enable employees to contribute at optimum levels toward the support of the Coalition.
We Strive to:
Early Learning Coalition of Florida's Gateway Employment Opportunities
Early Learning Coalition of Florida's Gateway offers a host of benefits available to the employee after a 90 day probation to include but not limited to the following: